Being Saved is Boring, Said no HAPPY Christian EVER….
Before you begin to read the words in this post, forget everything you’ve ever learned in regards to being saved. I say that because many people perceive God or being saved like they view the fun police. When in all actuality, God doesn’t want us to be uptight and filled with sorrow. He want us live and be vibrant BUT in an honorable way. In fact, Proverbs 17:22 states “a joyful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones”. Solomon states in Ecclesiastes 11:9-10 “Rejoice, O young man in your youth, and let your heart cheer you in the days of your youth; walk in the ways of your heart, and in the sight of your eye; But know that for all these, God will bring you into judgement”. He continues in stating “Therefore remove sorrow from your heart, and put away evil from your flesh, for childhood and youth are vanity”.
My insight from the above listed scriptures are to have a pure heart with clean and holy intentions while enjoying life. I don’t know about you, but what the world view as “fun” is like a death sentence. The world would say hanging out in night clubs, saying cruel things about others, drinking, etc. is fun. However; the bible often mentions joy, smiling, traveling, being honored and honorable, and being in a complete state of happiness as a result of being holy. Not to confuse you, you WILL have some bad days and trying times but the word also states “Many are the affliction of the righteous; but the Lord delivereth him out of them all” Psalm 34:19.
Many of the cruel and God awful rhetoric’s that are listed in the bible derived after a state of disobedience. If you elect to obey, you can enjoy by engaging in activities that are good and pleasing unto The Lord. I will list a few activities that are fun and faith filled if you are newly saved and just don’t know how to adjust.
- Traveling to historic landmarks– We live in a pivotal time where opportunities are endless. This world is LARGE and there are so many landmarks to visit. Instead of traveling to areas that will lead you to sin, visit an area that will be both enjoyable and intellectually stimulating.
- Concerts– I remember a newly saved young lady stated that she enjoyed concerts. There are so many faith filled artist and Ticketmaster has a list of shows and concerts that will be both fun and praise worthy. Not all music is carnal.
- Group House Parties– Who said you have to be fancy? LOL. I have a group of awesome friends and we meet up for food, fun, and fellowship once a month. We often have volley ball games, swimming activities, etc. and it is so much fun. Each family sponsors a dish and we all meet and enjoy.
- Shopping– I mean come on, who doesn’t love to shop? It is innocent and pure when you have the means to do so.
- Book Clubs– This is really nice. I was formally apart of a book club that was very insightful. I really miss this.
I can find fun in almost anything. But I have to admit, it is hard to do when you are the only one saved. I struggled with this for years, but now I find that is easy to attract like minds and like hearts. If you are in the newly saved season, my advice is to pray for Godly connections. You will need people who do not mind enjoying a righteous life and will hold you accountable in remaining on the straight and narrow.
Time to start enjoying…
P.S. If you are in need of prayer, you can email me at SHEPrays4you@gmail.com.