As Christians, the opposition can be very heavy. What do I mean by opposition? Well let’s see… opposition as defined means something that opposes or something that is up against us. So with Christians, the opposition comes from Satan. His plan, as we all know is to kill, steal and destroy. I remember saying when I was a young girl, I didn’t need to have it “all together” until I was older. I’ve since understood that we simply don’t know the time nor the hour of Jesus’s return. Because I don’t know, I might need to get it together, like now. I also understand that God expects us to eventually mature and although we will never be perfect, we can make every effort to change and represent Jehovah well. Don’t you think?!
Okay, so let’s get to it. Here are 5 keys to remember as a Child of God:
- For you are a holy people to the LORD your God; the LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for His own possession out of all the peoples who are on the face of the earth- Deuteronomy 7:6
Do you understand that YOU yes YOU are a holy people. Many people think they have to earn this belt of truth. Let me remind you, it is given not earned. We could never do anything to “earn” his love. Remember how chosen and holy you are as you embrace the remainder of your day!
- Do everything without grumbling or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, ‘children of God without fault in a warped and crooked generation.’ Then you will shine among them like stars in the sky -Philippians 2:14-15
You don’t have to complain or argue. God expects us to be pure and live a life that shines bright. We can’t do that if we are constantly complaining. I know the world has given us a way to be extra opinionated by way of social media but we don’t have to give in to that. Our light shines from walking blamelessly and in pure form.
- Matthew 5:13-16
““You are the salt of the earth; but if the salt loses its flavor, how shall it be seasoned? It is then good for nothing but to be thrown out and trampled underfoot by men. “You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do they light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.”
“Don’t hide your light, let it shine”- Sister Geraldine
As children of The Most High God, we are to look different, and have a holy flavor and be Ye seperate from the world. His word in another scripture states to be IN the world but not OF the world.
I went to a Godly Girl Talk meeting last Friday. The speaker, Ms. Geraldine, did a phenomenal job with informing us about our conduct. We can’t hide our light, we have to be bold and filled with his goodness. Although the enemy comes, we can bring it right back to him. Bring it God’s way. By putting on the FULL armor of God. Utilizing the word in the war!!! Godly Girls was so awesome!!!
- “But know that the LORD has set apart for Himself him who is godly; The LORD will hear when I call to Him. Be angry, and do not sin. Meditate within your heart on your bed, and be still. Selah”
This is one of my all time favorite scriptures. The Lord has set you apart! The enemy like to use this in a negative manner, making you feel different, as if it’s a bad thing. You are set apart for his glory. Embrace it.
- Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set youa free from the law of sin and death- Romans 8:1-2
Did you know that?! Nobody can condemn you if you’re in Christ Jesus. Today’s culture is quick to point out our flaws with no reverence to correction for holiness. But here we are reminded, you don’t have to hold your past or shortcomings up like billboard. You are freed from the law of sin and death. Live like it. He’s declared you the following:
- The Salt and Light of The Earth
- Set Apart
- And FREE
Remember all of the above and go out and be great.
Remember, my NEW book Fighting Fear: The Road to Entrepreneurship is available for Pre-Order here SOPH Consulting!
Can you believe it, I posted on a Monday!!! Lol. I’m getting better!